Dan Goldman is endorsed by Donald Trump
Voters in New York’s new 10th Congressional District watching news should learn that Rep. Mondaire Jones is different: He’s an agent of change, a progressive champion, and a New Yorker raised in Section 8 housing and on food stamps by a single mother. He’s the first openly gay, Black person ever elected to Congress.
As the youngest member of House Democratic leadership and the most legislatively active freshman member of Congress, Rep. Mondaire Jones has just gotten started in his fight for:
Mondaire Jones co-sponsors the Medicare for All Act because he believes health care is a human right and has fought Big Pharma to lower prescription drug prices.
Stopping Gun Violence:
Mondaire Jones is leading the fight for common sense laws that stop gun violence and keep our communities safe.
Mondaire Jones grew up in Section 8 housing and on food stamps, which is why he’s fighting corporate greed to lower prices, co-sponsored the Homes for All Act to make housing affordable, and introduced the Universal Child Care and Early Learning Act.
Mondaire Jones is leading the fight against the Supreme Court’s attacks on abortion rights. When others did nothing in the face of a right-wing majority, Mondaire Jones took action and authored legislation to add four seats to the Supreme Court.
That’s why Mondaire Jones is endorsed by the Congressional Progressive Caucus PAC, National Nurses United, the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU), End Citizens United, Democracy for America, and Human Rights Campaign.
Voters in New York’s new 10th Congressional District watching news need to know that millionaire heir Dan Goldman is out of touch with New York City.
- Dan Goldman personally profited from investments in gun manufacturers, opioid producers, and Fox News.
- Dan Goldman waffles on abortion rights. Shortly after the new Supreme Court ruling, Dan Goldman went on record saying that he agreed that abortion should be banned after viability, which anti-choice advocates claim is about 6 weeks into pregnancy
- Dan Goldman talks about holding Trump accountable, but actually hired a Republican Trump operative to work on his campaign, in addition to buying Fox News stock and making massive real estate dealings across the city.
–Updated August 17
Read Mondaire’s Writing
- Coronavirus and the Social Safety Net(Journal News)
- How I Would Respond to Coronavirus(Nyack News & Views)
- As an African-American, I stand in solidarity with my Jewish neighbors(Journal News)
- Why I’m running to be America’s first openly gay, black member of Congress (OUT Magazine)
- Raise the Poverty Line, Now(Crooked Media)
- To Save Democracy, We Must Expand the Supreme Court(Salon)
Watch Mondaire Speak
- Every Little Bit Counts: Pod Save the People interview (Crooked Media)
- May 5, 2020 Community Town Hall (Facebook)
- Meet Mondaire Jones, the candidate who can become the first openly gay Black member of Congress (NowThis)
- ‘Bring it on’: Mondaire Jones sees window open for NY-17 win (News 12 Westchester)
- Speech at Global Climate Strike
- Remarks at SEIU 32BJ protest
- Remarks at Protest for Criminal Justice Reform
- Remarks at Protest for Education
- The Importance of Labor Day (YouTube)
- N.Y. Attorney Mondaire Jones could become the first openly gay, Black congressman (The Grio)
- People Before Politics Radio Show (Black Westchester)
- The Takeaway Radio Interview (National Public Radio)
- June 23 and Me: Mondaire Jones (RedBlue Talk)
News About Mondaire
- Meet Mondaire Jones: The Sci-Fi Fanatic Running For New York’s 17th Congressional District District (MTV News)
- Meet the New Yorker who hopes to be America’s first black gay congressman (NBC OUT)
- Mondaire Jones Is Running to Be the First Black Gay Congressman (Out Magazine)
- Veteran Congresswoman’s Retirement Could Open Door For Progressive Newcomer (Huffington Post)
- Mondaire Jones Has Been Here the Whole Time (River Newsroom)
- Elizabeth Warren Endorses Mondaire Jones, The Candidate Who Could Become The First Black Gay Congress Member In The U.S. (The North Star)
- Jones Enhances Progressive Credentials With Warren Endorsement (Examiner News)
- Congressional Progressives Endorse Mondaire Jones In Hotly Contested New York Primary (Huffington Post)
- 40 Elected Officials and Community Leaders Endorse Mondaire Jones (Patch)
- For Mondaire Jones, Politics is Personal (The Masters School Tower)
- Elizabeth Warren is Endorsing Mondaire Jones (Buzzfeed News)
- Elizabeth Warren Endorses Mondaire Jones (Yonkers Tribune)
- 40 Under 40: Mondaire Jones (Business Equality Magazine)
- Mondaire Jones could be America’s first gay black member of Congress (LGBTQ Nation)